THE DRAFT MINUTES OF AN EXTRA MEETING OFTARRANT GUNVILLE PARISH COUNCILHELD ON WEDNESDAY 26 FEBRUARY 2020
Present: Councillors Jim Shephard (Chair), Jim Farquharson, Geoff Percival, Charlie Regnart, Jan Robinson, Heather Sandison, Paul Wentworth In attendance;; Roger Andrews, Flood Warden; Tony Langdown, Rights of Way Officer; Ian Stone, Parish Clerk Members of the public: There were two members of the public at the meeting
19/55. Welcome and opening remarks The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting. 19/56. Apologies for absence There were no apologies for absence
19/57. To consider Parish Council response to Planning Application 2/2020/0119/OUT, Tarranthead DT11 8JU Cllr Robinson said that the owners of Tarranthead – Peter and Molly Harvey – wanted to maximise the value of their plot and had applied for outline planning permission to replace their present house with a new one. They had engaged the same architects as had designed several additions and new builds in the village. He said it was his view that the Parish Council would not want changes to the new building once any plans had been agreed and it was therefore important that the Council made its voice heard now. Cllr Percival said he had visited the Harveys to find out more about their intentions. He said they simply wanted to maximise the sale value of their house: they had no intention to build a new house themselves. Cllr Regnart said that one of the concerns was that the house would be 50% larger and would be two-storey. He said he thought it could be a very high building and the Council needed to be aware of the danger of giving consent unless they were sure of the final size of the house. A member of the public asked if a full planning application would be referred to the Parish Council for comment; the Chair confirmed that it would.A member of the public said that as there were many two-storey houses in the village it was highly likely that this outline planning application would be agreed. Heather Sandison said she wondered if there could be a restriction on the removal of trees so that the new house would continue to be partly masked by trees. Tony Langdown said he thought it could be done only by individual Tree Protection Orders. The Chair said that in summary the general thinking of the Council was to agree to the outline application but to register their concern that it was a sensitive site, and any new build needed to be following local building styles and to be sympathetic to its setting. He was sure that the Parish Council would want a full opportunity to scrutinise and make a formal submission on any further planning application for this site. He asked the Clerk to draft a response along those lines for the approval of Councillors before it was sent to Dorset Council.
19/58. Any other urgent business Cllr Shephard said he thought it was helpful to discuss the effects of the recent flooding. Geoff Percival said he and Jim Shephard had met Paul Starkey from Highways who had been very helpful in ensuring the large potholes in Stubhampton had been temporarily filled, including returning after the pothole team had filled most holes to fill in the remainder himself. Paul Starkey had told them that the Council could retain the warning signs so that they could be used as needed. Roger Andrews said he thought there was a problem about insurance cover for placing signs. The Chair asked Ian Stone to check the position regarding insurance. Cllr Wentworth said that a letter had been sent to those households whose oil tanks could be causing a leak into the Tarrant in the lower part of the village, asking them to check their tanks. Roger Andrews, Flood Warden, said he had received a brief email but not a full response from the Environment Agency to explain what had been done and how they thought the problem might be resolved. Paul Wentworth said he had taken a sample from a pipe that emptied into the Tarrant near the entrance to Orchard Chase and it did seem very oily. He said that it might be necessary for the Agency to put a camera along the pipe to ascertain the source of the oil. He thought it might also be helpful to ask the owner of the land above the pipe whether there were any old plans of that area as it might show an oil tank of some sort. The Chair asked the Clerk to pursue this with the Agency and, if required, with the owner of the land above the pipe. 19/59. To confirm the date of the next regular meeting It was confirmed that the next meeting would be on Tuesday 5 May at 7.00pm
There being no further business the meeting closed at 7.50pm